Lets give ’em pumpkin to talk about!
We know there are a lot of green thumbs in the neighborhood so it just made sense to have our first annual Phoebus Pumpkin Growing Contest! Judging will take place at in downtown Phoebus in autumn of 2021 (exact location TBD). After reading the rules, make sure you sign up using the registration form below so you can get your free giant pumpkin seed!
*MAY 2021 UPDATE: ALL SEEDS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED. RULES WILL REMAIN HERE FOR REFERENCE*
Phoebus Pumpkin Growing Contest Rules/Information:
- Fill out the registration form below. Those who do will receive 1 FREE Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin seed from PhoebusLife delivered in March 2021.
- You are welcome to use your own seeds, although registration is still required to participate.
- One giant pumpkin entry will be allowed per household at weigh in.
- You are responsible for growing and taking care of your own seed and growth of your pumpkin.
- You are responsible for transporting your pumpkin to the weigh in location and removing your pumpkin after the event.
- Your giant pumpkin entry will need to be weighed in at the designated entry location in downtown Phoebus.
- Pumpkins will be disqualified if there are noticeable cracks or rotten portions of the pumpkin, so please take care of it!
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd heaviest pumpkins in two age groups: under 16 (Kids) and 16 & over (Adults). There will also be a people’s choice award determined by "likes" on Facebook (details announced later in the season).
- Prizes and weigh-in date/time will be announced at a later date.
- Have fun and share your pumpkin's progress with us on Facebook!